Are you a fan of creamy and cheesy Alfredo pasta but can’t have cream cheese for health or dietary reasons? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! In this article, we will share a delicious and easy-to-make Alfredo sauce recipe without cream cheese.
The Secret Ingredient: Greek Yogurt
Believe it or not, Greek yogurt is the secret ingredient that makes this Alfredo sauce creamy and tangy. It’s a healthier substitute for cream cheese and adds a nice texture to the sauce. Plus, Greek yogurt is an excellent source of protein and probiotics.
To make this Alfredo sauce, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
Here’s how to make Alfredo sauce without cream cheese:
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Reduce heat to low and add Greek yogurt, Parmesan cheese, and milk.
- Stir until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over your favorite pasta and enjoy!
Feel free to customize this Alfredo sauce recipe to your liking. You can add more garlic for a stronger flavor, use different types of cheese like Romano or Asiago, or even add some fresh herbs like basil or parsley for extra freshness.
In conclusion, Alfredo pasta is one of the most popular Italian dishes around the world. With this easy and healthier recipe, you can enjoy the same creamy and cheesy flavor without cream cheese. Give it a try and let us know what you think!