If you’re looking for a comforting and satisfying meal, baked pork chops with rice and cream of mushroom soup is a great option. This recipe is perfect for a cozy dinner at home, and it’s easy to make even if you’re not an experienced cook. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps to make this delicious dish.
To make baked pork chops with rice and cream of mushroom soup, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup of long-grain rice
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F. 2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. 3. Season the pork chops with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. 4. Brown the pork chops in the skillet for about 3 minutes per side, until they’re golden brown. 5. In a separate bowl, mix together the cream of mushroom soup, rice, and water. 6. Pour the rice mixture into a baking dish. 7. Arrange the pork chops on top of the rice mixture. 8. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes. 9. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes, until the pork chops are cooked through and the rice is tender. 10. Let the dish cool for a few minutes before serving.
- If you don’t have bone-in pork chops, you can use boneless ones instead.
- Feel free to add your favorite vegetables to the recipe, such as carrots or green beans.
- If you prefer a creamier texture, you can add a bit of milk to the cream of mushroom soup mixture.
- You can also add some grated cheese on top of the pork chops before baking for an extra layer of flavor.
Baked pork chops with rice and cream of mushroom soup is a classic recipe that’s perfect for a cozy night in. With just a few simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, you can make a delicious and satisfying meal that your whole family will love. So why not try this recipe tonight and enjoy a comforting and tasty dinner?