If you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make appetizer that your guests will love, then sausage cream cheese wontons are the perfect choice. These crispy and savory bites are a twist on classic wontons and are sure to be a hit at any party or gathering. In this article, we’ll show you how to make sausage cream cheese wontons and share some tips on how to customize them to suit your taste.
To make sausage cream cheese wontons, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 package of wonton wrappers
- 1 pound of ground sausage
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup of green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup of sweet chili sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- Oil for frying
1. In a large skillet, cook the ground sausage until browned and cooked through. Drain any excess fat and set aside to cool. 2. In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese and green onions until well combined. 3. Add the cooled sausage to the cream cheese mixture and stir until evenly distributed. 4. Lay out a wonton wrapper on a clean surface and spoon a small amount of the sausage mixture into the center. 5. Brush the edges of the wonton wrapper with the beaten egg and fold it in half diagonally to form a triangle. 6. Press the edges of the wonton wrapper together to seal in the filling. 7. Repeat with the remaining wonton wrappers and filling. 8. In a deep skillet or fryer, heat the oil over medium-high heat until it reaches 375°F. 9. Carefully add the wontons to the hot oil, a few at a time, and fry until golden brown and crispy, about 2-3 minutes. 10. Use a slotted spoon to remove the wontons from the oil and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil. 11. In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and sweet chili sauce to make the dipping sauce. 12. Serve the sausage cream cheese wontons hot with the dipping sauce on the side.
Tips for Customizing
There are many ways to customize sausage cream cheese wontons to suit your taste. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Add some spice: If you like things spicy, add some diced jalapeno or red pepper flakes to the filling.
- Switch up the sauce: Instead of the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and sweet chili sauce, try dipping your wontons in sweet and sour sauce, teriyaki sauce, or even ranch dressing.
- Get creative with the filling: You can also add other ingredients to the filling, such as diced water chestnuts, shredded carrots, or even chopped shrimp.
Sausage cream cheese wontons are a delicious and easy-to-make appetizer that are sure to impress your guests. By following the simple instructions and customizing them to suit your taste, you can create a unique and flavorful dish that everyone will love. So the next time you’re hosting a party or gathering, be sure to add sausage cream cheese wontons to your menu!